über mich.

My photo
Dallas, Texas, United States
20 year old soph-junior at SAGU, and I love me some Jesus! I buried my old, broken self into the earth and now pursue and chase after His heart. I am RESTORED and have been pardoned with God's unfailing love. Now, all I want to do is exalt and praise and glorify and shout to the rooftops the awesomeness of God!!

Sunday, August 05, 2012

a fresh start

I've been a "blogger" since 2008.
I've been me since one month ago.

God is doing sooo much in my life right now, that I can barely keep up with Him (and that's a-okay since it's not my life... it's HIS, and I have to learn to let HIM take control!). A few days ago I was scrolling through the few silly, trivial blogs I manage here and on Tumblr, and I realized how lame I was and how what I was posting wasn't for His kingdom but for my own selfish mumblings and fandom obsessions and weird narcissistic photos.
It was sickening!
So, yesterday I purged and cleansed this blog and deactivated my Tumblr account. I got rid of my Facebook, too, as I allowed it (and especially Tumblr) to replace my time with God.
I realized that I could be using my blogging powers for good, instead of the trivially trite filler stuff that wasn't helping me grow spiritually.

Lord,
Help me to share Your awesome love and grace and mercy to those who come across this meager blog. Thank you for Your continual blessings, and for helping me to keep this blog holy and righteous and not full of things that would lead my fellow brothers & sisters in Christ astray.
I love You!!!!







If you are still reading this post, I want to welcome you to this little writing home. I hope you enjoy your stay (even though it's a bit bare at the moment!), and come back and see me!

Have a wonderfully blessed day!
Lauren Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment